Thursday, November 20, 2014

Moron of the Day #7

YAY! They are back… I was starting to think everyone in the world had suddenly become smart but it was a trap!

So a guy phones in to chat to one of our technicians who has left the office for lunch, I picked up the call and this is how that conversation went:

ME: “Hello, Terri speaking.”

MOTD: “Hi (insert technicians name)

ME: “I’m sorry he has just stepped out of the office for lunch. He will be back in about an hour. I can put you through to another technician if you like?”

MOTD: “No, I need (technicians name) I’ll hold.”(Totally not paying attention to what I’m saying.)

ME: “He will be out for an hour Sir, could I maybe take a message and have him call you when he is back in the office?”

MOTD: “I’ll hold.” (Still not actually listening to me.)

ME: “For an hour Sir?”

MOTD: “I’ll hold.” (Not even slightly paying attention)

ME: “Ok, no problem.” (Hey who am I to judge?)


Put him on hold… The call rang back four times and each time I told him our tech was on lunch and asked him if he was sure he wanted to hold.

After around ten minutes the call rang back for the fifth time:


ME: “Hi Sir, are you sure you would like to stay on hold?”

MOTD: “It’s been ten minutes! Where is (technicians name)?”

ME: “He is still on lunch Sir and will be for the next fifty minutes.”

MOTD: “He’s on lunch?”

ME: “Yes Sir.”

MOTD: “Well, why didn't you say that? I’m sitting on hold and he is not even there!”


Calmed myself before I replied…


ME: “I did say he was on lunch and would be out for an hour Sir.”

MOTD: “If you had I wouldn't have stayed on hold.”

ME: “Would you like to leave a message?”

MOTD: “I’ll call back.”


Here is a picture of to explain how I feel about this:




No comments:

Post a Comment