Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What do I call this? You asked, so I'm answering.

So I know I haven’t been talking much about work (people keep emailing me to ask why) but I have a very good reason for that. Stuff was going down that I couldn't actually talk about at the time. I will edit what I say because I don’t believe in leaving on shitty terms with a company. No matter what went down or is still to go down I’m a better person than that. So if anything I say sounds like I’m bad mouthing my company, I want to make it very clear I AM NOT!

Basically I’m being retrenched. Which for any normal person would probably be horrible news but I think we have all established “Normal” doesn't quite apply to me. Don’t get me wrong it was a shock; the way I was informed about my position becoming redundant in the company was not exactly delicately done. After a few meetings, some research and a good ol’ chat with my wonderful older sister, I saw this situation for what it really is: A push to change my life and do something I actually enjoy.

I think it’s no secret I was unhappy in what I was doing and needed a change for my own sanity. I was just too comfortable in my own lazy misery to actually get up and do something about it. Now I kind of have to but without the financial stress that usually come with job hunting.

This company has taught me a lot. The good and the bad experiences have been a lesson in life and have made me a better person. I am definitely more confident and know I am capable of handling pretty much anything thrown at me. I have also come to realize recently I am a stronger person than I had thought I was. I've never been a push over but what I now know is when push comes to shove, damn I can shove hard!

I’m going to miss some of the people I work with (yeah, only some) but I know I’ll still keep in touch with them so it’s not a total loss. It’s not like when you are mates with a boyfriend’s sibling, you break up and lose your friend as well… Although I’m still friends with my ex’s siblings… Yeah… Slowly learning how many normal rules really don’t apply to me. Not the point... Point is there are things I will miss and there are things I will be glad to never deal with again.

Don’t know what I’m going to do for “Moron of the Day” material… I suppose there are morons everywhere so it shouldn't be too hard to find another source.

I’m on day 5 of my 1 month notice. Come end of March (26 days/17 working days EEEK!) I’ll officially be a jobless bum. That means in between job hunting and interviews (I hope they come quickly) I will be skating, hanging with my fam and attacking my nephew with hugs & kisses. Looking forward to my next adventure!

Googled ‘Happy about being retrenched’ to find a picture… Apparently Google doesn't know what I’m talking about because all those people looked sad… So here, have a Sir Cat riding a Unicorn instead:




I like ellipses.

4 comments:

  1. International 'Drinks Whiskey from a Tea Cup' Champion?
    New job title
    Jus Saying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a new job... This would work well for me :D

      Delete