Monday, November 23, 2015

EAT!

So this weekend I was asked a question that got me thinking… "What are my top 3 favorite restaurants to eat at?" I thought that was a pretty great way to find new places to visit.

So here is a post about some of my favorite places to eat:

Refresh Café: LaLucia Mall
This is probably my favorite place to have breakfast. My boyfriend and I are here almost every weekend.
The food is delicious, reasonably priced and the service is great.
I don’t think I’ve ever actually eaten anything off the lunch menu but the breakfasts are great.
Favorite Dish: Breakfast Roll.

Unity Bar: Silverton Road
It seems every single time I have been to Unity (click and like them on facebook) it’s been for a girls night out… Regardless the food is great, the drinks are cold and the vibe is awesome! Although I do suggest making a reservation if you are interested in visiting Unity… It’s generally quite busy. They also stock one of my favorite craft beers, That Irish Red by That Brewing Co. So That’s a bonus. (I hope you saw what I did there)
Favorite Dish: Steak… Any of them, they are all yum.

Mozambique: Gateway
Mozambique is super chilled, they have great service and the food is yummy.
The portions are large so make sure you are hungry. I personally like the starters… Order two of those and it’s pretty much a meal. It’s an all-round happy dining experience.
Favorite Dish: Prawn Rissoles

Dragons: Broadway
While Dragons is a restaurant, I can’t say I have ever sat down and eaten here. So the vibe and the service I cannot comment on. There is only one reason I go to Dragons… Sweet and Sour Pork with Noodles.
I’m salivating just thinking about it.
Delicious deep fried pork with onions and peppers cooked in an amazing sweet and sour sauce… It’s something you HAVE to try.
Mmmmm… I think I know what I want for dinner.
Favorite Dish: You guessed it… Sweet and Sour Pork.

The Wok Box: Mackeurtan Avenue
Another awesome little spot my boyfriend and I like to visit. This small restaurant is another that gets really busy and for good reason. The food is just so damn good.
They don’t skimp on the portions so make sure you are hungry. The service is great and the vibe is very chilled just the way I like it. 
Favorite Dish: Crispy Pork Belly… Mmmmmm.

This post was a bad idea… I’m so hungry now.

S43: Station Road
While S43 is a restaurant, I have actually never eaten here.
I go for the beer… Obviously.
That Brewing Co. (click and like them on facebook) is a permanent resident as this is their distillery. I am guaranteed to find That Irish Red here and that makes my little old heart so happy.
Favorite Dish: Beer.

Distillery 031: Station Road
This is a new little gem found this weekend.
Distillery 031, just upstairs from S43, create yummy craft Gin, Whiskey and Vodka. (If I have left something out, oh well.)
Their cocktails are so good! They will however kick you in the face… With a chair… So make sure you are not driving when you visit this little spot.
While they do have a kitchen, Distillery 031 (click and like them on facebook) have done something a little different. They outsource smaller food companies and chefs to cook on different nights.
I’m not sure exactly how it works but I think it’s a pretty rad idea. As a customer, you get to try different foods by different companies in a space you know and feel comfortable. This weekend they had Funny Bunny in their kitchen and it was amazeballs… More about that in a bit though.
Favorite Dish: COCKTAILS!!!!!

Funny Bunny:
While I cannot say this is a favorite for me purely because I’ve only had their food once, it was so good it still made it on here.
This weekend a few of us visited Distillery 031 to try the burgers from Funny Bunny and oh dear universe thank you for this experience.
I am not a fan of burgers but these have converted me. I can’t really explain it, you just have to try them.
As far as I know Funny Bunny (click here and like them on facebook) are regulars at the I Heart Market, so if you want to check them out (and you should) you can find them there. I’ll be at the funny Bunny stand next I Heart Market… That’s for sure!
Favorite Dish: Beef and Oxtail burger patty with caramelized onion, pineapple and bacon bits…
(For all you veggie lovers out there, they make veggie burgers too.)

That's all I have to say right now... Check them out if you like or don't... If you have any foodie places you think I should check out let me know and I will... Or I won't... It's a toss up really.

I didn't have any pictures in here... Sooo.... Here is a pug dressed as a taco.


No comments:

Post a Comment