Monday, December 8, 2014

Dear Eskom... You Bastards.

Dear Eskom,

With regards to load shedding, I understand the stress you are under to keep our power stations up and running, which is why I have forgiven you for A LOT!


I have forgiven you for turning my power off halfway through watching my favorite series.


I have forgiven you for turning my power off in the middle of cooking dinner.


I forgave you when you turned our power off while I was trying to watch Team ZA skate in the Roller Derby World Cup in Texas.


I have forgiven you for turning my power off halfway through straightening my very curly, super afro hair.


Not to mention the countless other times you have randomly turned our power off with no actual warning because you DO NOT stick to your “Load Shedding Schedule” like you said you would.


This time however, this time I cannot forgive you!


On Friday at around 2pm, I sat down across from a lovely lady named Nicole, I was very excited and extremely nervous because you see Nicole is a tattoo artist and a damn fine one at that. I had finally plucked up enough courage to take on the needle and finally get my tattoo I have wanted for a while now. (I’ve been so scared because I have a phobia of needles. Aichmophobia, it’s a real thing. You can read my blog about random phobias HERE.)


Once she had calmed me down to a panic, she was ready to start… The tattoo gun was turned on and the buzz began… She did not even finish the first line when suddenly silence and darkness hit. It took a second but once I realized that it was load shedding I let out an awkward laugh.


My hardcore line... It's abstract.

You see Eskom, I checked your schedule and there was not meant to be any load shedding in that area!

Not only did you ruin my plans and my lunch break but I also had to explain to my office why my new awesome tattoo was just a line.


All I had to say was Eskom and they exploded with laughter because they instantly knew what you had done!


My tattoo has been rescheduled for today, so please Eskom, PLEASE don't be dicks again today.


Regards,

TerRawr.


No comments:

Post a Comment