Thursday, August 6, 2015

Moron of the day #10

Moron Of the Day 10! We have hit double digits.


ME: (company name) good day Terri speaking”

MOTD: “Hi Terri, it’s _____ from ______, I’m having an issue with my PC. I need a technician.”

ME: “Sure, what seems to be the problem?”

MOTD: “My computer was working fine this morning, I stepped away for a few minutes and when I came back it was off. I can’t get it to turn back on, I’ve tried unplugging and plugging it back in but nothing.”

ME: “Sure, I will…”

MOTD: “Our WiFi has also stopped working.”

(This is when I began to wonder…)

ME: “______ is anyone else having the same issue with their computers?”

MOTD: “I’ll check.”

…….

MOTD: “Yes a few people are having the same problem.”

ME: “______ are you by any chance loadshedding?”

MOTD: “Yes.”

(How do you tell someone they are too stupid to live in modern day society and should never procreate?)

ME: “______ Do you have a generator or any kind of battery backup for your computer?” (Subtly implying you need electricity to run your computer.)

MOTD: “No.”

ME: “…..” (come on… you can get there… figure it out…)

MOTD: “….” (no? you missed that? wow… just wow.)

ME: “Your computer would need to be plugged into a power supply in order to run when the electricity is off.”

MOTD: “Oh, ok.” (Really you didn’t know you needed electricity? REALLY?!) “what about our WiFi?”

ME: “Your router also needs electricity to work.”

MOTD: “What does that have to do with our WiFi?”

ME: “Your Wifi runs through your router, so if your router is off your WiFi won’t work.”

MOTD: “Oh ok. So we have to wait for the power to come back on?”

ME: “Yes, you would.”

MOTD: “That’s two hours! How must I work in the meantime?!”

ME: “I can send you a quote for a UPS or a laptop which has a battery in it, which may avoid this in the future?” (Or you could send smoke signals… How must I know!)

MOTD: “No that’s fine. Thanks bye.”

ME: “Goodbye.”



No comments:

Post a Comment