Thursday, February 5, 2015

Moron of the day #9

Dear Friends,

Don’t be narrow minded fools.
That’s all.

Regards,
Terri.


Oh Please! Like that’s all I have to say! COME ON! It’s like you don’t know me at all!

So I received a message from an old friend’s girlfriend. I say old friend because we haven’t really hung out in a while… (Not a clue why she asked me and not someone he hangs out with on a daily basis.) Anyway, she is throwing a Rock N Roll themed party for him and wanted to know what hard rock and metalcore bands he likes. Not sure why she doesn’t know this, you know dating him and everything. I could tell she needed help when she asked about “the screamo bands an stuff” This is how our conversation went:

RACHEL: “Hi Terri, i dnt no if u remmbr meeting me. im Gabes gf Rachel.” 

ME: “Hey Rachel, yeah I do, what’s up?” (Honestly, no clue who you are dude. Why are you speaking to me and why can’t you spell?)

RACHEL: “im throwing a party fr Gabe an need ur help. Do u no wht rock music he likes. the screamo bands an stuff.”


(I don’t know when “screamo” became a genre of music. Also I think I just died a little inside.)

ME: “I’m not sure if he still likes the same bands as I do but I can send you some Metalcore if you like?” (Subtle corrections.) 

RACHEL: “thnx that wil hlp. My email is Ihavenocluewhatmetalcoreis@cantspell.com”

Taking into account there will be people at this party who think Screamo is the actual name for my most beloved genre of music. I sent through some chilled stuff.

ME: “Hi Rachel, I’ve sent through some stuff Gabriel used to listen to. Sleeping With Sirens are pretty chilled, Black Veil Brides are a bit more hard rock, Bring Me The Horizon Gabe loves, Memphis May Fire and Of Mice & Men I think he’d enjoy as well.”

RACHEL: “Tnx”

Around 3 hours later I received another message from Rachel.

RACHEL: “Hi Terri. Do u hav anything tht is NOT evil?”

ME: “Ummmm… Are you serious?”

RACHEL: “The Sirens 1 is fine an I thought the Brides 1 was fine to bt I googled them an they r in blk an hav makeup on.”

ME: “You are ridiculous. I don’t want to talk to you anymore. Go away.”

RACHEL: “il pray fr u.”

ME: “Maybe ask Jesus to send you a thesaurus while you’re at it.” 
(My friend Van came up with that one while I was having a little break down telling her what was happening. It was funny, so I sent it. LOLBURGER!)

So friends, don’t be dicks and judge people on what they look like or what kind of music they make. They may not be your hero but they are someone else’s.

I wasn't sure if I should list this under a Moron of the day post or Rachel is an idiotic little twat who should be shunned by society. Rant over.

Click HERE to see what I think of this conversation.

Ok, that’s all for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment